The Dorothy & Kenneth Woodcock Archives serves as the institutional memory of the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts (PAFA). The Archives’ mission is to preserve and provide access to records that document the goals and activities of the institution (School and Museum). The Archives is also responsible for ensuring institutional accountability, and for enhancing access to the rich and diverse resources in its care. The mission is carried forward by:
- Appraising, acquiring, and preserving the records of PAFA and related documentary materials;
- Offering a range of research and reference services to the public;
- Establishing policy and providing expert guidance on record-keeping practices;
- Creating and promoting products and services that broaden understanding of the history and culture of PAFA;
- Providing professional archival and preservation expertise across the institution and to the public.